Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ANDY WARHOL : 15 Minutes Eternal at the ArtScience Museum

Turn 15 Minutes into Eternity
Right, after looking at coffee in a different way (read previous post here) it's free time for us to go explore the rest of the exhibitions that are being held at the ArtScience Museum. *Woohoo* Walked down a level and stepped into Andy Warhol's world where everyone enjoy 15 minutes of fame (or longer). (Exhibition ongoing from 17 march to 12 August 2012). 





Oh, Art is too hard. Don't ask me why a great artist like Andy Warhol will make this kind of statement but it definitely strike a chord with me. Brings back those memories of my Secondary school art lessons whereby we were made to sit in front of our mini garden and sketch the garden! Oh, I hated that! I wished too that I could draw as well as some of my classmates but I just didn't have that drawing talent in me and I don't think drawing is something whereby practice can makes perfect. To me, it's either you can draw or you can't draw. Need evidence? See below. 



Yes, that's my drawing of Cowboy in DrawSomething. Those who can draw will probably draw the real cowboy, with a cowboy hat, holding a whip and wearing a leather jacket but for me, I have to break the word into two and draw a cow and boy separately. Although, the other party still can guess what I'm drawing but it's not so professional.




Then, there's so many different type of arts like drawing, painting, sculpture, visual designs etc and what makes Andy Warhol famous is a kind of art call POP ART. The more popular ones out of over 260 artworks includes favourites such as Marilyn Monroe (1967), Campbell's Soup Can (1961) and The Last Supper (1986). Just do a search on Google and you will be able to find the images.



I won't put Marilyn Monroe Pop Art on my blog since most of the images might be copyrighted so I did a POP ART poster of myself at this website : http://anymaking.com/ 




And then, I stepped into Andy's Time Capsule. I already have a lot of "Time Capsules" at my house. So much that they are starting to occupy my sofa. 


Interesting fishy artworks down the corridor. Can't help but snap a photo of it. Anyway, the photos are not as good quality as looking at the real artworks at the museums. 




So, here's a saying to end my post, "Even beauties can be unattractive. If you catch a beauty in the wrong light at the right time. Forget it. I believe in low lights and trick mirrors. I believe in plastic surgery." Click here for my visit to the TITANIC - The Artifact Exhibition post!

No comments: