Sunday, June 03, 2012

World's first Angry Birds Cable Car Ride + Super Value Sentosa Package : 4D Magix + Songs of the Sea

View on top of Mount Faber
Sometime, it may be a blessing in disguise when things didn't go according to plans. I bought the Super Value Sentosa Package from Streetdeal.sg somewhere in February and it was supposed to be for my bf's birthday celebration. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we didn't managed to utilize the voucher on time for his birthday and moving on, both of us were just too busy and have no time to go Sentosa. So it was dragged until now, which is June, also my birthday month before we are both free to make the trip down.


Coincidentally, our trip also crash with the launch of the World's first Angry Birds Cable Car at Mount Faber! I actually wanted to add some angry birds to my nails but these fringe activities cabins seems kinda empty.   


Fits my head.


Since there is nothing much to see outside, we entered the Jewel box to get to the cable car station. This is the first time I set foot inside The Jewel box and I really love this place. Elegant and classy and I really love the bling bling J very much!


Angry birds fans, please scream! Pay an additional $5 (if you have purchase the cable car ride tickets) to enjoy the games at different booths. The first booth is this life size angry birds catapult. Get your hands on to shoot down the pigs. Not that easy. Most of the kids don't have the strength to shoot it that far. 


Try something easier, Angry Birds pinball!


Pose for fun ^^




Big size tv screen for you to play the Angry Birds games. 



LUNCHIE at the Sapphire Restaurant
Tel: 6377 9688
Opening Hours: 
(Sunday to Thursday 9am to 12.30am)
(Friday to Saturday 9am to 2am)


Angry Birds Menu 

 

 Normal Sapphire Menu


Waiting for my food to come.
 
 

The Outraged Meal from the Angry Birds Menu (S$13), consisting of 6 pcs nuggets, Fries, Angry Birds Cupcake, Angry Birds Mocktail in a collectible cup and they gave me a free Angry Bird KeyChain. Cute~  


And this is their normal set lunch. Yum Yum! 


A popular solemnization venue.


Inside the Amber Galleria, selling all kind of Angry Birds Merchandise. Strike the iron while its hot.


Before I went to queue for my cable car ride, I still got a chance to take a group photos with these fun Angry Birds. I'm gonna make this my display photo. So happy!


The great value ticket. For $39 each, I got to enjoy a full day Sentosa Admission, 2 ways Jewel Cable Car Ride, Cable Car Museum and 2 other attractions. Super worth it right? The Cable Car ticket itself already cost $29 each adult.


From now till end December, come experience a cable car ride with the Angry Birds! First in the world to experience it. So hurry down now! About 30 cable cars are decorated with the Angry Birds pictures and inside there's even a big Angry Bird soft toy for you to take photo with. Also, they will play the angry birds game sound effect. 


Lucky me~  


The cable cars are arranged such that the Angry Birds are always "chasing" the pig. Haha. The fully covered ones are not for boarding though.


My first time entering Sentosa by Cable Car. Quite excited. Got to take a photo of the Star Cruise too. I've never been on a cruise before too. Maybe I should wish for that to come true.



A short entertaining video. Visit the Singapore Cable Car Website to find out more.


We've reached Sentosa! 


First stop at the Cable Car Museum. We read about the evolving of cable cars and the different type of the cable cars. There's even a challenge in the past to see who can survived the longest in the cable car. Bf say so easy to win, just need to sleep inside. I wondered if they are coming up with a similar challenge, I'll make sure he go and take part and win that money.


Haha! This time I've turned myself into the angry bird. 


Exchanged the blue tickets to the green tickets and also selected the two main attractions .


We went to exchange for our 4D Magix tickets first. I have tried before the 4D movie at RWS (Shrek) and this is the first time I'm watching a 4D show at Sentosa. The show title is called Pirates.Usual Price is S$18 per adult at the Imbiah Station.


It's a very wonderful experience with Captain Lucky and his group of pirates. Their journey to search for the hidden treasures is full of traps, caves bats, hornets and many surprises. Quite fun I would say, every shake and bumps happening in the scene can be felt and this includes the gusty wind and water spray (when the boat rides down the fast paced stream) and tickling of the feets (spider webs). We were seated at the first row and some of the scenes felt like it has jumped off the screen and comes to life due to the 3D effects. Next time I would like to try the Cineblast: Extreme Log Ride (4D simulation ride) and Desperados (interactive 3D shoot-out game). 


It's easy to pass time at Sentosa. After our 4D magix show, it was still early for dinner so we walked to the forecourt of Images of Singapore and settled ourselves down with the kids for a StoryTelling Comes Alive session. 


A new version of Little Red Ridding Hood. I love how this giant book looks. It reminds me of my Primary school days whereby during story telling lesson, we would all came out of our seats and seated down on the classroom's cement floor. My teacher used to show us giant books like this too. 


But this is definitely more fun. See that's little Red!


And the big bad wolf dressing up as granny.


As little girl.


As a blind man.


As a mother.


As Little Red's Grandma! LOLx


With Little Red.


Peacock Spotting!


I'm a little teapot, short and stout.


With Pinocchio. A lot of random photos to pass time. 


Dinner at Tastes of Asia. 


There's zero reception inside this place and food wise, I can only say must order the right food. My ayam penyet turns out to be Chicken Rice! Ayam Penyet give me normal chicken rice sauce. Really cannot make it. Asked the young waiter to give me some black sauce, he can still tell me they don't have but when I asked another waitress, she gave us the black sauce.


Finally it's time for the Songs of the Sea. The award-winning nightly extravaganza set in the sea. Songs of the sea is a mesmerising show with a live cast of performance and effects like pyrotechnics, water jets, brilliant lasers, special computer imaging, stunning flames bursts and captivating music,


Before the sky turns dark. 


The magical effect of the combination of water, lights and fire plus the singing and dancing of the performers is just amazing! When I was young, it used to be Musical Fountain now more commonly known by the name "Songs of the sea." I don't remember it to be so magnificent like now. Watched the videos I've taken on the Songs of the sea featuring, songs and dances, fire, lights and water. Great show indeed. It's indeed a fun filled day at Sentosa! 


Beginning


Munnaeru vaalibaa


Awakening of the beautiful sleeping girl, Princess Ami by Li's charming voice.


Laser Animations of the mischievous Sea Creatures. Li found out that Princess Ami is under the spell of an enchanted village.


Lord of Fire.


Spirits of Light


Lady of the Sea.


The merlion at night carry a different feeling. 
 

So bye Sentosa, I'll be back again.


The night view of the Angry Birds Cable Cars. 


Angry birds to end this post with. Tata. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS: I'm selling the Black Angry bird backpack clip and collectable cup below on ebay. Check it out here. Bid on eBay starts at SGD10. Thanks! ^^


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Very helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such information much.
I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and good luck.

My page Deer Hunter 2014 cheats

Jeffmikes said...

Thanks, Enjoyed reading through.. checkout my page. Android PC Forum