Thursday, January 15, 2015

[Media Event] Singapore Motorshow 2015 at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre


The Singapore Motorshow 2015 is back after six years from 15 - 18 January 2015 at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre. Visitors to the Singapore Motorshow 2015 will be able to see a large array of vehicles that will be on display in Singapore for the first time.


 I was really lucky to be one of the first few to enter as a media and I witness a few interesting unveiling of the cars which I've posted on my instagram account. Pardon me for sharing this post so late. I must confess that I'm a car idoit and I have no fate with cars. I don't have a car license, I don't  know how to determine which's a good car and I don't have a lot of close friends with cars. Now, on hand, I've got at least 5 different brands of cars press release to read up on but I guess I will only put up a summary of the cars that really attracts me.

A total of 21 passenger and commercial vehicle makers were there to showcase at least one new model or variant at the Show. These include, Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, ChangAn, Citroen, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, JAC, Jaguar, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Range Rover, Renault, Subaru and Volkswagen. In collaboration with Subaru, Motor Traders Association of Singapore (MTA) will give away a Subaru Impreza. Now let's see some of the beautiful car photos I took there.


Unveiling of the new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the world's first plug-in hybrid SUV, a ground-breaking model that brings together the superior environmental performance and quietness of an EV, the stability and handling of a 4WD and the practicality of an SUV. This car has got the rugged yet sporty look. I really loves it for its bling-ness. I think other drivers have to wear sunglasses.


Showcase of the new Ford Mustang, designed using classic features from the car's five decades in production.


Singapore premiere of the new Scirocco from Volkswagen.


Launch of the BMW i8, purpose-designed as a plug-in hybrid sports car. CHIO, I like, be it the colour or the design. Although my mum always like to say BMW stands for Big Mouth Woman.


Featuring the all new Infiniti Q50 2.0-litre with its award-winning Direct Adaptive Steering.


Lexus RC F, the most powerful Lexus V8 model delivering a blistering 470 bhp and 530Nm. This is another of my personal favourite.


Launch of all-new Subaru Outback, a unique crossover concept that combines passenger-car comfort with the long-distance capabilities and load space of an SUV.


The Audi TT. Don't have much information on this.


Fleet of cars from Toyota.


Suzuki Solio. They were doing a demonstration on their smooth sliding doors and how the seats can be configured for more rooms. I'm quite impress with this.


Showcase of the new Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech, crowned with the prestigious title of "European Car of the Year" in 2014. This is quite nice too, the number 308 is related to me some more.




Launch of Nissan Qashqai 1.2. Nissan has got the best opening show with guys performing.


Jaguar needs no introduction to this. 


Suzuki Swift. Maybe I listened to too much Taylor Swift's songs, I really like this SWIFT too.


Jess came over and we went over to watch an exciting stunt driving performance by Russ Swift presented by Subaru. Tickets for Russ Swift's show are separate from the Motorshow entrance ticket. They will be available free for collection on-site an hour before each show and must be collected in person and upon presentation of a valid entrance ticket. Tickets are limited and will be given out on a first-come-first served basis.

Some of the videos I've taken



J-Turn and Reverse Parking



Everybody hates parallel parking but not Russ Swift.



Russ Swift driving on two wheels (Individual). OMG, how did he do that? The car looks shaky.



Russ Swift driving on two wheels (Group with members of the public). More stable this time but still don't know how he does it.



Turning and turning until I'm so giddy. Can you count how many turns he made already?


Daily tickets to this event are priced at $6 per entry. Entry is free to anyone below 120cm in height. All tickets are only available for purchase on-site. Apart from the vehicles display, this Motorshow also showcase automotive accessories and innovative technologies. Like Shell's latest innovation in motor oil. When you purchase mineral water priced at S$1.50 each from HL Bank, all proceeds will be donated to TOUCH Senior Activity Centre. When you make a purchase from AIG's Auto dealership partners, you will be able to redeem an exclusive AIG Genuine Leather Carpark Coupon holder.


Some of the MediaCorp artistes will also be present throughout the event. 

The Official sponsors for the Singapore Motorshow 2015 are AIG (Official Insurer), HL Bank (Official Bank), MediaCorp (Official Media Partner) and Shell Helix (Official Automotive Lubricants). The event is also supported by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc (JAMA). 

For more information on the Singapore Motorshow 2015, visit 


No comments: