Thursday, June 02, 2016

[REVIEW] Yunomori Onsen and Spa Experience

Remember my previous post on the Grand Opening tour of Yunomori Onsen & Spa? I was so impressed with the whole place and I admit that I badly needed some pampering time before my wedding so I booked my first appointment with them right after the tour!


Was on leave and thus I am able to book my appointment on a weekday afternoon. Shall do a quick sharing here on my blog for the whole onsen and spa experience.


#1 THE FACILITIES IS CASHLESS THROUGHOUT

Upon my check-in at the reception counter, I receive this wristband which not only act as the locker key but also a tool to purchase food and drinks at the cafe. It is also used to record any additional treatment and spa services. Payments incurred will only need to be settled upon returning of this wristband during check out.


#2 FREE FLOW HOT GINGER TEA

Available at the ordering counter of the cafe. You can take as many cups as you can drink.


#3 SET MEAL IS BIG ENOUGH FOR SHARING 

That is if you are a small eater. I ordered the Grilled Salmon Plate (S$17.80) and this is the portion I get. They also serve traditional Japanese desserts and light savoury bites which are all freshly prepared on the premises.


#4 CHOOSE YOUR OWN OBI AND YUKATA

I suggest to pick the Yukata robe first and then choose the colour for the obi that either matches or can be of contrast colour so that it's more outstanding.


#5 THE CORRECT WAY TO WEAR THE YUKATA

The correct way to wear the Yukata is to pull the left side over the right side instead of the other way round and for ladies, the OBI is to be wrap under the breasts and not at the waist.


#6 WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE BEFORE ENTERING THE ONSEN

This is the whole set of items that you will receive at the counter before entering the onsen. A set of Yukata with OBI, big towel, small towel, disposable undergarments and shower cap. Take note that you can only bring the small towel and wear the disposable undergarments and shower cap into the onsen area. The rest of the items are to be kept in the locker outside, that includes your hand phone.


#7 YUNOMORI USES PURI ALCHEMY'S RANGE OF SPA PRODUCTS IN ALL TOILETRIES, SPA TREATMENT AND AMENITIES

Puri Alchemy's range of spa products is one of Thailand's leading luxury spa and aromatherapy brands. They are 100% organic and chemical free. This brand has also won numerous awards including Best Professional Spa Product in Thailand Spa & Well-being Awards 2016. Products such as body mask, scrubs and massage oil are available for sale at the outlet too.


#8 ONSEN MANNER ARE TO BE STRICTLY OBSERVED

No hand phones are allowed in this area, so this is a photo taken during the grand opening tour. For hygiene purpose, one need to wash our body clean at this individual shower area before entering the onsen.


#9 THE WHOLE ONSEN EXPERIENCE

No hand phones are allowed in this area, so this is a photo taken during the grand opening tour inside the male onsen area. The whole onsen experience is pretty awesome except for the fact that I went with my bf and he's at the male onsen so I get kind of bored after soaking for a while. It would be good to go with a few friends so that at least can have somebody to talk to. My favourite bath is the Jet Bath as the full body jet is so comfortable and there is the head rest for me to rest my head on. I don't quite like the Bubble Bath as I felt like I'm being cooked inside with the boiling bubbles and I'm super scare of the Cold Bath. Ended up I only step into the Cold Bath but did not dare to soak my whole body inside. I tried stepping in a few times but no just no courage to step in. The different temperature and purposes of the different onsen can be found at my previous posting here.  


#10 THE AROMA OIL MASSAGE EXPERIENCE

The spa therapist will personally come and look for you when it's your turn for the spa treatment. I was already at the resting lounge when the spa therapist came looking for me. For the aroma oil massage, I get to choose the oil fragrance I wanted to use. Out of Jasmine, Japanese, Geranium or Lemongrass, I choose Geranium with the recommendation from the spa therapist. It was the most relaxing 90 minutes of massage I had. Unknowingly, I fall asleep. The whole experience could be even better if I did not receive tons of calls and messages for work. If you wish to go for the massage, my advice is to make the booking by phone first instead of walk-in as it is fully booked and reserved by customers in advance.


So grateful and thankful for this complimentary session. Totally loving this place and enjoying myself. One of the best place to relax and unwind to recommend for all to try

Yunomori Onsen & Spa
Kallang Wave Mall
1 Stadium Place
#02-17/18 
Singapore 397628

*Take escalator near the exit of Fairprice; Carpark B Area 3/4*

Contact number: 6386 4126 / 6385 7985

Opening Hours: 10.00am - 11.00pm Daily

For more information about Yunomori Onsen & Spa, please visit their website at http://www.yunomorionsen.comor follow their Facebook page for updates at https://www.facebook.com/yunomorisingapore.


XOXO

No comments: